Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Homemade Edible Play-dough

    
      Contrary to what this blog title suggests, I do not lay in bed at night thinking of ways to torture myself. Actually, flour covered children aside, I consider this little activity to be a form of self-preservation. With a four year old whose "whisper" can wake the dead, and a seven month old who I swear sleeps with one eye open, it is a must that I keep a few constructive activities up my sleeve.

      Cue the homemade play-dough. This dough is extremely simple to make, the ingredients are most likely already in your pantry, and it is a great way to get your kid(s) counting and measuring. Have I sold you yet?

(Parents, while this is an edible dough, I wouldn't advise you to skip your lunch.)


Tip: Decrease or increase your measurements to accommodate 
the amount of kids you have.
                         



                          Ingredients(yields 8 
                                  portions)

                               Food Coloring
                                   
                               1 cup water

                               2 cups sugar

                               3 cups flour







Directions

1. Pour water into a mixing bowl and add several
    drops of food coloring

2. Add sugar and flour. Mix

3. Shape, then eat

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I'll be making this for dessert any time soon, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! I was going to make some for you on your next visit!

    I actually had a little bite. Won't make that mistake twice.

    ReplyDelete