Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dining Room Table Revamp: Reupholstering Dining Room Chairs

      I've been hating on my din table and chairs for a few years. It's spotty, creaky, scratched, and the chair cushions are starting to look like a 2 year old's art project gone wrong (if that's possible). After casually browsing, and drooling, over a table or two from West Elm and Crate and Barrel, I mentioned my dilemma to Calina, my sister. Enter bright idea...She suggested I just refinish the set.

      Cheap, quick solution in tow, I marched off to a nearby store for some sand paper. I then dragged my table and chairs outside, unscrewed the seat cushions...and stared at my mess for a few days. A bit intimidated, it took a little encouragement from Calina, and the arrival of my cushion fabric, to get me motivated again. I am now 1 sanded table, 1 sanded an painted chair, and 2 upholstered cushions closer to having a dinner table again:)

      If you are interested in this completely do-able project, here is a link to reupholstering your dining room chair cushions.

                                                                            
I opted to cover over the existing fabric on my  seat cushion. 


Finished seat cushion. 

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a picture of the finished set?? Would love to see!

    ReplyDelete